Press ReleaseFebruary 11, 2020
Spectrum Mobile to Launch 5G Service, Starting With Samsung Galaxy S20 Series 5G-Enabled Phones
STAMFORD, Conn. – Charter Communications, Inc. today announced Spectrum Mobile plans to launch 5G service, the next generation of wireless technology, starting with Samsung’s brand-new line of 5G-enabled phones, the Galaxy S20 5G, Galaxy S20+ 5G and Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G. Samsung’s premium new phones will be available from Spectrum Mobile beginning March 6 at Spectrum stores nationwide, online at SpectrumMobile.com and by calling (855) 251-3375.
“Spectrum Mobile has become one of America’s fastest-growing mobile providers by offering the best speeds, with the best devices, at the best value – and now that includes giving our customers access to next-generation 5G service,” said Danny Bowman, Chief Mobile Officer for Charter. “Spectrum Mobile offers the fastest overall speeds, and Samsung’s new Galaxy S20 series phones are designed and built for customers to take advantage of even faster speeds and responsiveness on-the-go via Spectrum Mobile’s 5G network, in areas where it is available. This year we look forward to expanding our 5G coverage and device options for Spectrum Mobile customers as the technology becomes more widely available.”
Spectrum Mobile’s 5G service will initially offer high-band, ultra-fast millimeter wave coverage in dense urban pockets of select cities, with coverage areas expanding throughout 2020 using high-band and low-band spectrum. Spectrum Mobile customers with 5G-capable phones will seamlessly connect to the best available network – Spectrum Wi-Fi, 5G or 4G LTE – depending on location.
The Galaxy S20 introduces an entirely new camera system—powered by AI and with Samsung’s biggest image sensor yet—to bring out the best in every image and every moment.
- Details in Stunning Clarity: With a larger image sensor available on the Galaxy S20 series, camera resolution is significantly increased, for more detailed images. S20 and S20+ have a 64MP camera. S20 Ultra has 108MP camera. The S20 Ultra takes things a step further with the ability to shift dynamically between a high resolution 108MP mode and a 12MP mode, thanks to Nona Binning technology which combines 9 pixels into one at the sensor level.
- Groundbreaking Zoom Capability: With the Galaxy S20’s Space Zoom technology, even when you are far away, you can zoom in close. Use up to 30x zoom on the S20 and S20+ with Space Zoom, or step- up to the S20 Ultra’s revolutionary folded lens with 10x lossless zoom for 100X Space Zoom.
- Single Take, Multiple Possibilities: Single Take lets you stay in the moment while you capture the moment. The Galaxy S20 can capture a number of photo and videos, such as live focus, cropped, ultra wide and more, and use AI to recommend the best shots.
- Pro-Grade Filming Capability: The Galaxy S20 offers stunning 8K video shooting, so users can capture their world in true-to-life color and quality. Even the bumpiest videos look like they were shot using a gimbal, thanks to Super Steady and its anti-rolling stabilization and AI motion analysis.
Along with the camera, Galaxy S20 users can enjoy tailored playlists for every moment of the day, watch TV and movies the way they were meant to be seen, and play graphics-rich games on-the-go. For more information about the Galaxy S20, visit www.samsungmobilepress.com, https://news.samsung.com/us/ or www.samsung.com/galaxy.
Spectrum Mobile is designed to provide customers with the highest quality experience at great value. Customers can choose from unlimited data plans, priced at $45/month per line, or By the Gig for $14/Gig. Additionally, Spectrum Mobile offers customers the ability to mix and match plans on the same family account to get significant savings.
Additional features of Spectrum Mobile include:
- No long-term contracts.
- Free nationwide talk and text, including calling to Canada and Mexico.
- All taxes and fees included with no additional line access fees.
- Flexibility to change rate plans at no additional cost.
- The most popular mobile devices with interest-free monthly installment plans.
- Bring your own device “BYOD” on select models to make switching simple.
More information is available at SpectrumMobile.com. Store locations are available at Spectrum.com/Stores.
Spectrum is a suite of advanced broadband services offered by Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHTR), a leading broadband communications company and the second largest cable operator in the United States. Spectrum provides a full range of services, including Spectrum TV®, Spectrum Internet®, Spectrum Voice®, and Spectrum Mobile™. Spectrum Business® similarly provides scalable, and cost-effective broadband communications solutions to small and medium sized business organizations, including Internet access, business telephone, and TV services. Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of scalable, fiber-based technology solutions serving many of America's largest businesses and communications service providers. Charter’s advertising sales and production services are sold under the Spectrum Reach® brand. Charter’s news and sports networks are operated under the Spectrum Networks brand. More information about Spectrum can be found at spectrum.com.