ST. LOUIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 11, 2008--Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR) (the "Company") announced today that its subsidiary, Charter Communications Operating, LLC ("Charter Operating"), intends to offer for sale an aggregate of $500 million principal amount of 2nd lien notes due 2014 ("the Notes"), which are to be guaranteed by CCO Holdings, LLC and certain subsidiaries of Charter Operating.
The net proceeds of this proposed issuance will be used to repay, but not permanently reduce, the outstanding debt balances under the existing revolving credit facility of Charter Operating.
The Notes will be sold to qualified institutional buyers in reliance on Rule 144A and outside the United States to non-U.S. persons in reliance on Regulation S. The Notes will not be registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), and, unless so registered, may not be offered or sold in the United States except pursuant to an exemption from, or in a transaction not subject to, the registration requirements of the Securities Act and applicable state securities laws. The Company expects, subject to market conditions, that the sale would be completed in approximately one week. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of the Notes in any state in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful.
About Charter Communications
Charter Communications, Inc. is a leading broadband communications company and the third-largest publicly traded cable operator in the United States. Charter provides a full range of advanced broadband services, including advanced Charter Digital(R) video entertainment programming, Charter High-Speed(TM) Internet access service, and Charter Telephone(TM) services. Charter Business(TM) similarly provides scalable, tailored and cost-effective broadband communications solutions to business organizations, such as business-to-business Internet access, data networking, video and music entertainment services and business telephone. Charter's advertising sales and production services are sold under the Charter Media(R) brand. More information about Charter can be found at www.charter.com.
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS:
This release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, regarding, among other things, our plans, strategies and prospects, both business and financial. Although we believe that our plans, intentions and expectations reflected in or suggested by these forward-looking statements are reasonable, we cannot assure you that we will achieve or realize these plans, intentions or expectations. Forward-looking statements are inherently subject to risks, uncertainties and assumptions including, without limitation, the factors described under "Risk Factors" from time to time in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"). Many of the forward-looking statements contained in this release may be identified by the use of forward-looking words such as "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "should," "planned," "will," "may," "intend," "estimated," "aim," "on track," "target," "opportunity" and "potential," among others. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements we make in this release are set forth in other reports or documents that we file from time to time with the SEC, and include, but are not limited to:
- the availability, in general, of funds to meet interest payment obligations under our debt and to fund our operations and necessary capital expenditures, either through cash flows from operating activities, further borrowings or other sources and, in particular, our ability to fund debt obligations (by dividend, investment or otherwise) to the applicable obligor of such debt;
- our ability to comply with all covenants in our indentures and credit facilities, any violation of which, if not cured in a timely manner, could trigger a default of our other obligations under cross-default provisions;
- our ability to pay or refinance debt prior to or when it becomes due and/or refinance that debt through new issuances, exchange offers or otherwise, including restructuring our balance sheet and leverage position;
- the impact of competition from other distributors, including incumbent telephone companies, direct broadcast satellite operators, wireless broadband providers, and digital subscriber line ("DSL") providers;
- difficulties in growing, further introducing, and operating our telephone services, while adequately meeting customer expectations for the reliability of voice services;
- our ability to adequately meet demand for installations and customer service;
- our ability to sustain and grow revenues and cash flows from operating activities by offering video, high-speed Internet, telephone and other services, and to maintain and grow our customer base, particularly in the face of increasingly aggressive competition;
- our ability to obtain programming at reasonable prices or to adequately raise prices to offset the effects of higher programming costs;
- general business conditions, economic uncertainty or slowdown, including the recent significant slowdown in the new housing sector and overall economy; and
- the effects of governmental regulation on our business.
All forward-looking statements attributable to us or any person acting on our behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. We are under no duty or obligation to update any of the forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
CONTACT: Charter Communications, Inc.
Mary Jo Moehle, 314-543-2397
SOURCE: Charter Communications, Inc.