Press ReleaseMarch 27, 2017
Charter Holds Inaugural Meeting and Names External Diversity and Inclusion Council Members
Stamford, CT – Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHTR) today announced it has held the inaugural meeting of its External Diversity and Inclusion Council. The Council is comprised of accomplished leaders, each highly respected in their communities, who will provide strategic advice and counsel to Charter regarding its strategy to enhance diversity and inclusion across the company. This includes objectives agreed to in the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) entered into with national civic organizations in the areas of corporate governance, workforce, procurement and programming.
“Reflecting the vibrant diversity of the communities we serve enables us to deliver superior products and services to our customers and is a critical component of success,” said Tom Rutledge, Chairman and CEO of Charter Communications. “Our unwavering commitment to diversity and inclusion goes beyond our growing workforce; it will be fully integrated into all aspects of Charter’s business. We are proud and excited to be working with the Council on this vital undertaking.”
The council will be chaired by Marc Morial, President and CEO of the National Urban League and a key contributor to the development of the MOU. The council will include the following 11 leaders and two additional members to be named at a later date.
- Rohini Anand, SVP Corporate Responsibility and Global Chief Diversity Officer, Sodexo
- Faith Bautista, CEO, National Diversity Coalition
- Janeen Comenote, Executive Director, National Urban Indian Family Coalition
- Carol Glazer, President, National Organization on Disability
- Kim Keenan, President and CEO, Multicultural Media, Telecom and Internal Council
- Ken Lee, CEO, Asian Pacific American Advocates
- Janet Murguía, President and CEO, National Council of La Raza
- Reverend Al Sharpton, Founder and President, National Action Network
- Clifford Stanley, CEO, The EGA Group
- Brent A. Wilkes, National Executive Director, League of Latin American Citizens (LULAC)
- John C. Yang, President and Executive Director, Asian Americans Advancing Justice
“Charter’s commitment to diversity and inclusion was clear when we signed the MOU," said Morial. “I, and the entire council, look forward to working with Charter and providing valuable guidance as they implement and establish new best practices in Diversity and Inclusion, supporting customers across the U.S."
The inaugural meeting of Charter’s Diversity and Inclusion Council was held on March 22-23, 2017.
Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR) is a leading broadband communications company and the second largest cable operator in the United States. Charter provides a full range of advanced broadband services, including Spectrum TV™ video entertainment programming, Spectrum Internet™ access, and Spectrum Voice™. Spectrum Business® similarly provides scalable, tailored, and cost-effective broadband communications solutions to business organizations, such as business-to-business Internet access, data networking, business telephone, video and music entertainment services, and wireless backhaul. Charter’s advertising sales and production services are sold under the Spectrum Reach™ brand. Charter’s news and sports networks are operated under the Spectrum Networks brand. More information about Charter can be found at charter.com.