News and ViewsSeptember 28, 2022
Spectrum Opens Out-of-Home WiFi Access Points Across Florida, Georgia and South Carolina to Aid Hurricane Ian Response
Charter Communications has opened nearly 175,000 Spectrum Out-of-Home WiFi access points across Florida, Georgia and South Carolina in support of preparation for and response to Hurricane Ian.
Spectrum WiFi access points are typically found in public parks, marinas, city streets and other public areas.
While many people are staying inside, Charter’s WiFi network will help ensure online connectivity* for those who need it outside of the home, including essential government employees, first responders, health-care workers and essential businesses. A map of access points is available at spectrum.com/internet/wifi-access-points.
Here are the steps for connecting to Spectrum WiFi:
1. Enable WiFi under device settings when near an access point which is broadcasting “Spectrum Free Trial”
2. Select “Spectrum Free Trial”
3. The browser will open automatically
4. Agree to Terms & Conditions and click “Agree & Connect”
Spectrum Mobile devices and devices with the Spectrum WiFi profile installed will auto-connect without any action required.
* Where Charter network is operational.
For tips and helpful information about accessing your Spectrum services, click here.