STAMFORD, Conn., June 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR) today announced the launch of its Spectrum Digital Education Grant Program, a philanthropic initiative designed to support nonprofit organizations that educate community members on the benefits of broadband and how to use it to improve their lives. The objective of the Spectrum Digital Education Grant Program is to provide digital education in the communities we serve through financial grants, PSAs, workshops and webinars to local nonprofit organizations.
"In an increasingly technology-driven world, the importance of digital education and access to adequate digital resources cannot be overstated," said Rahman Khan, Vice President of Corporate Social Responsibility for Charter Communications. "The Spectrum Digital Education Grant Program allows Charter to partner with community organizations across the country to help bridge the divide and provide communities in need with the tools to grow and prosper in the digital age."
Spectrum Digital Education Grant Program Details and Eligibility:
- Spectrum Digital Education grants will be awarded to nonprofit organizations that have programs focused on families and seniors who have historically been underrepresented in broadband services.
- To be eligible for a grant, the organization must serve communities located in a Spectrum market and must be a U.S. nonprofit organization with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- There is no cap on the number of grants awarded, however absent special circumstances grant awards will not exceed $50,000.
- The grants are supported by an initial $1 million commitment from Charter Communications.
- The grants are one-year nonrenewable awards.
- Spectrum Digital Education Grant Program applications and program details will be available on corporate.charter.com/digital-education beginning June 15, 2017.
- Applications will be available for download and accepted starting June 30, 2017.
- The entry period opens on June 30, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. (EDT) and closes on August 11, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (EDT).
- Grant recipients will be notified by October 2017.
The latest news, resources and information regarding Charter Communications' philanthropic initiatives and events, can be found at corporate.charter.com/community-impact.
Charter Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR) is a leading broadband communications company and the second largest cable operator in the United States. Charter provides a full range of advanced broadband services, including Spectrum TV™ video entertainment programming, Spectrum Internet™ access, and Spectrum Voice™. Spectrum Business® similarly provides scalable, tailored, and cost-effective broadband communications solutions to business organizations, such as business-to-business Internet access, data networking, business telephone, video and music entertainment services, and wireless backhaul. Charter's advertising sales and production services are sold under the Spectrum Reach™ brand. Charter's news and sports networks are operated under the Spectrum Networks brand. More information about Charter can be found at charter.com.
SOURCE Charter Communications, Inc.