Charter Communications has opened more than 8,000 Spectrum Out-of-Home WiFi access points across Hawaii to aid the Maui wildfire response. In addition, Charter is providing free unlimited Spectrum WiFi access at four venues serving as community resource centers: War Memorial Gymnasium, Mayor Hannibal Tavares Community Center, War Memorial Stadium, and Iron Maehara Stadium.
Spectrum WiFi access points are typically found in public parks, marinas, city streets and other public areas.
Charter’s WiFi network will help ensure online connectivity* for those who need it outside of the home, including essential government employees, first responders, health-care workers and essential businesses. A map of access points is available at spectrum.com/internet/wifi-access-points.
Here are the steps for connecting to Spectrum WiFi:
1. Enable WiFi under device settings when near an access point which is broadcasting “Spectrum Free Trial”
2. Select “Spectrum Free Trial”
3. The browser will open automatically
4. Agree to Terms & Conditions and click “Agree & Connect”
Spectrum Mobile devices and devices with the Spectrum WiFi profile installed will auto-connect without any action required.
* Where Charter network is operational.
For tips and helpful information about accessing your Spectrum services, click here.