Charter Communications Launches Spectrum Voice ID, Accelerates AI Use to Enhance Customer Experience
STAMFORD, Conn. – Charter Communications, Inc. today announced the availability of Spectrum Voice ID, an optional service that gives customers the ability to use their voice to provide even greater account security when contacting Charter. Additionally, the company is accelerating the use of other digital technologies, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning technologies as part of a comprehensive initiative to improve the overall customer experience, making it easier and more convenient for subscribers to manage their Spectrum services.
“We want every customer to have simple, fast and easy experiences, whether they are upgrading their internet service, adding a new mobile line, reporting an issue, or signing up and scheduling appointments with us,” said Cliff Hagan, Executive Vice President of Customer Operations. “Our number one goal is to give our customers the flexibility to manage their Spectrum services whenever and however they want – be it SMS, chat, on our website, via mobile apps, on the phone or in person at a store.”
With Spectrum Voice ID, customers have the option to use their voice to securely sign into their account. Voice ID works by using a person’s speech pattern to create a digital identity, which then acts as a password to gain seamless account access without customers having to remember security codes, verification questions or pin numbers. Voice ID is now available for most residential Spectrum customers at no additional charge. More information about how to enroll is available at https://www.spectrum.net/support/voice/spectrum-voice-id-faq.
How is Charter Improving Customer Service?
Spectrum Voice ID is one of several tools Charter is rolling out to improve the overall customer experience. Other recent tools include the increased use of AI and machine learning technology, which Charter is using across its advanced broadband network to give its front-line customer service agents more context and real-time information about the customer and their services. This enables Charter agents to more effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues. Among the new features that customers are already benefitting from:
- Proactive service notifications. Customers have the option to receive proactive alerts whenever there is a service issue that may affect them. Previously, customers would call to report an issue. Now, in most instances the company has real-time data enabling it to fix or proactively communicate information about service issues without customers needing to call. Customers can find this option by signing into their account at www.spectrum.net and choosing “notifications.”
- Managing appointments via the My Spectrum App. The top-rated My Spectrum App now features appointment scheduling, which means customers no longer need to call to confirm, reschedule or cancel their appointment. The app also features a tracking tool that lets customers know when a technician is on the way, along with a photo of the employee so they know who is coming to their home.
- Spectrum Advanced In-Home WiFi. This feature, available across the vast majority of Charter’s 41-state footprint, provides Spectrum Internet and WiFi customers with greater control and visibility into their home WiFi networks. This includes an intuitive customer portal (also accessible via the My Spectrum App) that gives customers the ability to see all connected devices and to pause internet access to any single device.
- Easier-to-Read Bill Statements. In recent months, Charter has made several enhancements to its bill statements to provide more transparency to customers. Customers who add Spectrum services receive a breakdown of the amounts of estimated taxes, fees, discounts and any promotions that are included in their monthly rate, as well as expiration dates for promotional pricing. Customers can view their balance or billing details online without downloading a PDF.
- Port and Activate New Spectrum Mobile Devices. Spectrum Mobile customers can port their phone number and activate new devices via the Spectrum Mobile App, this provides added flexibility and further simplifies the device activation process for Spectrum Mobile customers.
More information is available at www.spectrum.com.
Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHTR) is a leading broadband connectivity company and cable operator serving more than 31 million customers in 41 states through its Spectrum brand. Over an advanced communications network, the company offers a full range of state-of-the-art residential and business services including Spectrum Internet®, TV, Mobile and Voice.
For small and medium-sized companies, Spectrum Business® delivers the same suite of broadband products and services coupled with special features and applications to enhance productivity, while for larger businesses and government entities, Spectrum Enterprise provides highly customized, fiber-based solutions. Spectrum Reach® delivers tailored advertising and production for the modern media landscape. The company also distributes award-winning news coverage, sports and high-quality original programming to its customers through Spectrum Networks and Spectrum Originals. More information about Charter can be found at corporate.charter.com.