InvestorsApril 3, 2006
Charter Communications Initiates Refinancing of Its Senior Secured Credit Facilities
ST. LOUIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 3, 2006--Charter Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq: CHTR) announced today that it has engaged J.P. Morgan Securities Inc., Banc of America Securities LLC, and Citigroup Global Markets Inc. to arrange and syndicate a refinancing of the existing senior secured credit facilities held by Charter Communications Operating, LLC (Charter Operating). The proposed $6.8 billion credit facilities will include a new $300 million revolver/term credit facility, a $5.0 billion term loan due in 2013, and certain amendments to the existing $1.5 billion revolving credit facility.
As proposed, Charter will benefit from extended debt maturities and improved liquidity. Subject to market conditions, Charter expects that the transaction would be completed within the next few weeks.
About Charter Communications
Charter Communications, Inc., a leading broadband communications company, provides a full range of advanced broadband services to the home, including cable television on an advanced digital video programming platform via Charter Digital(TM), Charter High-Speed(TM) Internet service and Charter Telephone(TM). Charter Business(TM) provides scalable, tailored and cost-effective broadband communications solutions to organizations of all sizes through business-to-business Internet, data networking, video and music services. Advertising sales and production services are sold under the Charter Media(R) brand. More information about Charter can be found at www.charter.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
This release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the "Exchange Act"), regarding, among other things, our plans, strategies and prospects, both business and financial. The Company will not undertake to revise forward-looking projections to reflect events after this date. Although we believe that our plans, intentions and expectations reflected in or suggested by these forward-looking statements are reasonable, we cannot assure you that we will achieve or realize these plans, intentions or expectations. Forward-looking statements are inherently subject to risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Many of the forward-looking statements contained in this release may be identified by the use of forward-looking words such as "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "should," "planned," "will," "may," "intend," "estimated" and "potential," among others. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements we make in this release are set forth in reports or documents that we file from time to time with the SEC, and include, but are not limited to:
- the availability, in general, of funds to meet interest payment obligations under our debt and to fund our operations and necessary capital expenditures, either through cash flows from operating activities, further borrowings or other sources and, in particular, our ability to be able to provide under applicable debt instruments such funds (by dividend, investment or otherwise) to the applicable obligor of such debt;
- our ability to comply with all covenants in our indentures, the bridge loan and credit facilities, any violation of which would result in a violation of the applicable facility or indenture and could trigger a default of other obligations under cross-default provisions;
- our ability to pay or refinance debt prior to or when it becomes due and/or to take advantage of market opportunities and market windows to refinance that debt through new issuances, exchange offers or otherwise, including restructuring our balance sheet and leverage position;
- our ability to sustain and grow revenues and cash flows from operating activities by offering video, high-speed Internet, telephone and other services and to maintain and grow a stable customer base, particularly in the face of increasingly aggressive competition from other service providers;
- our ability to obtain programming at reasonable prices or to pass programming cost increases on to our customers;
- general business conditions, economic uncertainty or slowdown; and
- the effects of governmental regulation, including but not limited to local franchise authorities, on our business.
All forward-looking statements attributable to us or any person acting on our behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. We are under no duty or obligation to update any of the forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
CONTACT: Charter Communications, St. Louis
Anita Lamont, 314-543-2215
Ken Cook, 314-543-2353
Cathy Levendoski, 314-543-2353
SOURCE: Charter Communications, Inc.