ST. LOUIS, Jan. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Charter Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq: CHTR) today announced a new organizational structure that will best leverage the strengths of its leadership team, employees and resources to improve the customer experience and grow customer relationships.
Charter President and CEO Mike Lovett said the new organization puts into place another critical cornerstone in the foundation Charter is building for the future. "With this team in place, we are well positioned to execute our strategy and deliver a superior experience to our customers," said Mr. Lovett. "We have an exceptional leadership team and significant opportunity to grow the business."
Ted Schremp has been named Executive Vice President, Operations and Marketing, continuing strategic leadership of marketing and adding responsibility for customer experience transformation, customer care, operations, communications and human resources.
Marwan Fawaz will serve as Executive Vice President, Strategy and Chief Technology Officer, taking on leadership responsibility for strategy and innovation of Charter's product portfolio as well as business development. Mr. Fawaz will retain leadership responsibility for engineering/IP infrastructure, information technology and web technology strategy.
Greg Doody will become Executive Vice President, Programming and Legal Affairs, expanding his role to include leadership for programming upon Greg Rigdon's departure in early February. Mr. Doody will also retain leadership responsibility for government affairs. Rick Dykhouse has been named Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, reporting to Mr. Doody.
Charter's senior leadership team was completed last fall with the additions of Don Detampel, Executive Vice President and President, Commercial Services, and Chris Winfrey, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
Charter is a leading broadband communications company and the fourth-largest cable operator in the United States. Charter provides a full range of advanced broadband services, including advanced Charter TV™ video entertainment programming, Charter Internet™ access, and Charter Phone™. Charter Business® similarly provides scalable, tailored, and cost-effective broadband communications solutions to business organizations, such as business-to-business Internet access, data networking, business telephone, video and music entertainment services, and wireless backhaul. Charter's advertising sales and production services are sold under the Charter Media® brand. More information about Charter can be found at charter.com.
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
This release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the "Exchange Act"), regarding, among other things, our plans, strategies and prospects, both business and financial. Although we believe that our plans, intentions and expectations reflected in or suggested by these forward-looking statements are reasonable, we cannot assure you that we will achieve or realize these plans, intentions or expectations. Forward-looking statements are inherently subject to risks, uncertainties and assumptions, including, without limitation, the factors described under "Risk Factors" from time to time in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"). Many of the forward-looking statements contained in this release may be identified by the use of forward-looking words such as "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "should," "planned," "will," "may," "intend," "estimated," "aim," "on track," "target," "opportunity," "preliminary," "tentative", "positioning," and "potential," among others. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements we make in this release are set forth in other reports or documents that we file from time to time with the SEC, and include, but are not limited to:
- our ability to sustain and grow revenues and cash flows from operating activities by offering video, high-speed Internet, telephone and other services to residential and commercial customers, to adequately deliver customer service and to maintain and grow our customer base, particularly in the face of increasingly aggressive competition, the need for innovation and related capital expenditures and the difficult economic conditions in the United States;
- the impact of competition from other distributors, including but not limited to incumbent telephone companies, direct broadcast satellite operators, wireless broadband providers, and digital subscriber line ("DSL") providers and competition from video provided over the Internet;
- general business conditions, economic uncertainty or downturn, high unemployment levels and the significant downturn in the housing sector and overall economy;
- our ability to obtain programming at reasonable prices or to raise prices to offset, in whole or in part, the effects of higher programming costs (including retransmission consents);
- the effects of governmental regulation on our business;
- the availability and access, in general, of funds to meet our debt obligations, prior to or when they become due, and to fund our operations and necessary capital expenditures, either through (i) cash on hand, (ii) cash flows from operating activities, (iii) access to the capital or credit markets including through new issuances, exchange offers or otherwise, especially given recent volatility and disruption in the capital and credit markets, or (iv) other sources and our ability to fund debt obligations (by dividend, investment or otherwise) to the applicable obligor of such debt; and
- our ability to comply with all covenants in our indentures and credit facilities, any violation of which, if not cured in a timely manner, could trigger a default of our other obligations under cross-default provisions.
All forward-looking statements attributable to us or any person acting on our behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. We are under no duty or obligation to update any of the forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE Charter Communications, Inc.