San Jose, Calif., November 24, 2003—Aspect Communications Corporation (Nasdaq: ASPT), a leading provider of enterprise customer contact solutions, has announced the Aspect Customer Excellence Award winners for 2003. Selection was based on demonstrated innovation, vision, leadership and the degree to which each customer has raised the bar for contact center performance.
"Our customers continue to showcase innovation year over year by architecting contact center applications that improve efficiency, trim operating costs and streamline business processes, while improving service," said Gary Barnett, Aspect's president and chief executive officer (interim). "We created the Aspect Customer Excellence Awards to honor those companies. Winners serve as shining examples of how commitment to customer care and commitment to business success are symbiotic and essential for long-term success."
The following are winners of this year's Aspect Customer Excellence Awards:
- The ADP Claims Services Group (CSG), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Automatic Data Processing Inc., is a leading provider of integrated business solutions for clients in the property and casualty, collision repair and automotive recycling industries. ADP, with $7 billion in revenues and over 500,000 clients, is one of the largest independent computing services firms in the world. ADP CSG has been a visionary in its field by incrementally adding new Aspect contact center technologies to improve customer service while reducing costs. Its multichannel solution, blending voice and chat, and the use of Aspect eWorkforce Management to monitor agent schedules has allowed the company to handle twice as many calls with the same number of agents.
- BancTec Computer and Network Services provides depot, on-site repair, IMAC and desk-side support services for desktops, laptops, printers, peripherals, LANS/WANS and Intel-based systems for client companies including OEMs, retail, consumer and corporate accounts. Computer and Network Services is a division of BancTec, a leading provider of transaction-processing solutions. BancTec increased its agents' schedule compliance from 70 to 96 percent by teaching them how compliance is measured, the reasons for tracking it and how adhering to schedules would benefit them. The company also experienced cost savings as a result of agents taking more calls and answering them more efficiently.
- Charter Communications Inc. (Nasdaq:CHTR) is the nation's third largest broadband communications company, bringing digital entertainment and communications to some 6.5 million customers in 40 states. Manual entry of payroll information is time consuming and error prone, so Charter developed a new application called CCPaid to streamline its processes. CCPaid is an interface between Aspect eWorkforce Management and Charter's payroll system. As a result, the company has improved productivity, reduced administrative costs and expects to generate significant cost savings this year.
- Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications company with approximately 6.3 million customers, providing cable television, digital video services, local and long-distance telephone services and high-speed Internet access. Using Aspect Customer DataMart, Cox created a performance initiative to drive a scorecard management system for 5,000 employees across 24 sites. The project fulfilled a need for strategic and analytical reporting at both the contact center and executive level by consolidating information on agent and sales productivity and other contact center data.
- The New York State Workers' Compensation Board administers five benefit programs, which protect the rights of those who are injured on the job, for nearly 7.9 million workers. The Board receives and processes workers' claims for benefits, employers' reports of injury and medical reports from health professionals. When building a centralized call center proved cost prohibitive, the Board tried a different approach and created a virtual call center by moving the work to its geographically dispersed staff. Using Aspect's contact center solutions, this effort contributed to a successful response to the World Trade Center plight for the affected workers in New York. It also has enabled the Board to better leverage other CRM technology and the processing investments it already had in place.
- TeleTech provides strategic customer management solutions on a global, outsourced basis, interacting with 2 million customers every day using the phone, Web, e-mail and automated solutions on behalf of clients in a variety of industries including financial services, transportation, communications, government, healthcare and travel. TeleTech has deployed one of the largest workforce management infrastructures in the world, implementing Aspect eWorkforce Management in all of its 56 contact centers. Now all customers receive the same best-in-class service regardless of their locations. And due to a new centralized workforce management model, the company has realized significant productivity enhancements and reduced costs, particularly in the areas of hardware infrastructure and personnel.
Aspect presented the awards at the Aspect eBIZ 2003 User Conference held this fall at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas. Aspect's Uniphi architecture was featured at the event and received enthusiastically by Aspect's customers because it is designed to help them "unify" the contact center and the enterprise by integrating the applications that drive customer communications, contact center and customer information and workforce productivity—resulting in better insight to business and customer activity. Uniphi extends Aspect's vision of delivering proven, multi-product solutions, whether PSTN, IP hybrid or pure VoIP, while still lowering total cost of ownership and protecting contact center investments as new technologies and standards emerge.
About Aspect Communications
Aspect Communications Corporation (Nasdaq: ASPT) is the world's largest company focused exclusively on contact center solutions, and the only one that unifies workforce, information and communications to deliver exceptional customer service. The Aspect brand is trusted by more than 75 percent of the Fortune 50, and more than 3 million customer sales and service professionals worldwide rely on Aspect's mission-critical business communications solutions. The company's leadership is based on 18 years of expertise gained from more than 8,000 successful implementations worldwide. Aspect is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with 24 offices in 11 countries around the world. For more information, call (877) 621-3692.
Aspect, the Aspect logo and the phrases and marks relating to other Aspect products and services discussed in this press release constitute one or both of the following: (1) registered trademarks and/or service marks of Aspect Communications Corporation in the United States and/or other countries or (2) intellectual property subject to protection under common law principles. All other names and marks mentioned in this document are properties of their respective owners.
Media & Analyst Relations