Spectrum Community Investment Loan Fund
The Spectrum Community Investment Loan Fund is committed to providing loans through community development financial institutions (CDFIs) to small businesses whose goods and services help meet core needs in underserved communities within Charter’s 41-state footprint. These long-term investments in financially underserved business communities positively impact the local economy with growth capital, new job creation, and stronger businesses. To date, the Loan Fund has committed more than $22 million in capital for small business loans.
Charter and Raza Development Fund Support Latino-Owned Small Businesses
Spectrum has committed to $3.2 million to the Raza Development Fund which plans to support mall business loans to Latino-owned local businesses in financially underserved areas in California, Texas, Ohio and Florida.
Charter Invests $1 Million in CommunityWorks to Provide Small Business Loans in Underserved South Carolina Communities
The Spectrum Community Investment Loan Fund has committed to invest $1 million in CommunityWorks, a South Carolina statewide nonprofit lending institution and community development financial institution (CDFI) which will provide low-interest loans to small businesses.
- Pursuit Community Finance (New York)$1 million
- PeopleFund (Texas)$1 million
- The Economic and Community Development Institute (Ohio)$1 million
- Wisconsin Women's Business Initiative Corp. (Wisconsin)$1 million
- National Asian American Coalition (California)$1 million
- Justine PETERSEN (Missouri)$1 million
- Carolina Small Business Development Fund (North Carolina)$1 million
- CommunityWorks (South Carolina)$1 million
- Financial Access Federal Credit Union (Florida)$1 million
- HOPE Enterprise Corp. (Kentucky, Alabama, and Tennessee)$3 million
- NUL's Urban Empowerment Fund$3 million
- Carver Bancorp. Inc. - in Partnership with National Action Network (New York)$1.5 million
- TruFund Financial Services - in Partnership with National Action Network (TX, LA, AL, and GA)$1.5 million
- Raza Development Fund (UNIDOS) (Florida, Ohio, Texas and California)$3 Million
- Coming Soon: National Development Council (Connecticut)$1 Million
Community Loan Fund News
- Press Release
Charter Communications and Hope Credit Union Announce $3 Million Investment to Help Small Businesses Whose Goods and Services Meet Core Needs in Underserved CommunitiesRead this article
Charter Communications, Inc., which operates the Spectrum brand, today announced its Spectrum Community Investment Loan Fund will invest $3 million in the Hope Enterprise Corporation (HOPE), a certified community development financial institution (CDFI) .
- Press Release
Charter Invests $1 Million in the Carolina Small Business Development Fund to Provide Small Business Loans in Underserved North Carolina CommunitiesRead this article
- Press Release
Charter Invests $10 Million with National Urban League and National Action Network to Assist Black-Owned Small Businesses in Underserved CommunitiesRead this article
Charter Communications, Inc. today announced the company will invest $10 million in partnership with both the National Urban League (NUL) and National Action Network (NAN) to support Black and other minority-owned small businesses in underserved communities.
Charter Designated Founding Partner of the Urban Empowerment Fund by the National Urban League
The Spectrum Community Investment Loan Fund is providing support that will enable the National Urban League’s Urban Empowerment Fund to become a certified community development financial institution (CDFI). This, in turn, will bolster the Fund’s ability to deliver vital capital to minority-owned small businesses in urban communities.